Terms of Service
Terms of Service Engineer Visits
Due to the data protection and the Third Party Rights Act we can only accept enquiries from the contract holder or proceed with the service request once the contract holder’s authorisation has been received or the original guarantee transferred.
Grabex Windows Ltd (the service provider), in the course of its business, offers to provide you (the customer), an appointment for an engineer to complete a service, or commission, or repair on your Grabex manufactured product, subject to your acceptance of the following terms:
1. Grabex Windows can only accept service requests if the below conditions are met:
a. the product must have been purchased and installed by Grabex Windows, as our engineers will only perform work on products originally manufactured and installed by Grabex Windows, and/ or
b. the product must be correctly installed and commissioned in accordance with the installation instructions for your product (applies to SUPPLY ONLY please contact us for details, as different rules apply to those products but you may still be covered by our guarantee);
c. the person who requests an appointment is named on the original contract and/or is a guarantee holder;
2. If the fault is covered under the terms of your guarantee, we shall complete the work on the product and/or components free of material and labour costs in accordance with the terms and conditions of the guarantee.
3. If it is found that the fault is not covered by the guarantee or if you have not maintained the product in accordance with maintenance instructions, or the fault is due to an installation error for supplied only product then a call out fee of £160 inclusive of VAT will be charged along with the time and parts required to complete the repair.
4. All engineer visits outside of guarantee, and site inspections are chargeable prior to booking an appointment. Site inspection visits and service appointments are chargeable at minimum £160 inclusive of VAT (charge based on one person for an appointment of maximum of 2 hours). All charges will be confirmed in writing. The fee is fully refundable within 10 working days should the issue be found to be covered under the guarantee.
5. Missed appointments will be charged at our standard fee of £160 (inclusive of VAT), and are non refundable. If you refuse to pay it no other service call will be booked.
6. Should any replacement product / component be required, we will prepare a quotation for such works.
7. We will not accept or reimburse the costs of any third party in carrying out any work on the product or for parts fitted, unless we have approved the work in advance.
8. We reserve the right not to fulfil an appointment, should the necessary parts be unavailable, if the product is subject to recall, or if the product has become obsolete and removed from our current product list.
9. Not covered by guarantee are normal wear and tear such as silicone settling, mechanical damage due to accident, carelessness, lack of maintenance, misapplication, improper use of accessories and parts of products even if not manufactured by Grabex as well as altered and/or disassembled components(broken/scratched glass unless reported within 24h from fitting, wear of letter plate, handle pulled/pushed by force etc). Please refer to our Terms and Conditions of Guarantees for more details (available on grabex.co.uk/aftercare)
10. If you have made or arranged for modifications or repairs to be made without written permission received from Grabex, the guarantee will not be valid in those circumstances.
11. All glass related issues will be dealt upon site inspection in accordance with GGF Visual Glass Policy (available on grabex.co.uk/aftercare)
12. All condensation related issues will be dealt in one of the following ways: we ask you to submit the images clearly showing the issue of condensation within the unit when reporting the issue, which we can inspect, or, should we not be able to assess the issue based on the submitted images, or no images were submitted, we will schedule a chargeable site inspection visit in order to assess the source of the issue.
13. Appointments shall be scheduled for the earliest availability of an appropriately qualified engineer.
14. All service appointments will be carried out during working hours within the following arrival slots: weekdays 8am-12pm and 12pm-5pm; and 8am-2pm Saturday, unless specifically stated otherwise by ourselves.
15. Appointments are subject to availability and booked on a first come - first served basis. If you get back to us late to confirm the appointment slot, please note it could be already taken and you will be offered an alternative date.
16. Our engineer will attend your property on the agreed date and inspect the issue. Should the required part be unavailable, then we will arrange with you a mutually convenient time to return and complete the work once the required part is in stock.
17. Whilst we will endeavour to fulfil all appointments there may be occasion, due to circumstances outside of our control, when we are unable to do so. In these circumstances we will contact you as soon as is reasonably possible in order to arrange an alternative date.
18. You are responsible for ensuring that our engineer has clear and safe access to work on the product or component, as described in the product’s installation instructions, including making adequate provision for visual inspection.
19. You are responsible for providing adequate parking for our engineer.
20. If you are unable to provide our engineer with access to the property on the agreed date, you must contact us as soon as possible and at least before 12 noon on the day preceding the agreed appointment in order to arrange an alternative date.
21. Our engineer will endeavour to contact you thirty minutes prior to your appointment in order to provide you with notice of arrival. Should we be unable to contact you, for whatever reason, our engineer will proceed to attend the appointment.
22. Our engineer must not be left in the property alone and a suitable adult must be present in the property at all times during the appointment.
23. We reserve the right to cancel an appointment and retain an inspection fee should legal parking not be provided, or if we are unable to obtain clear and safe access to the property or product, or if we have reason to believe that the health and safety of our engineer cannot be guaranteed.
24. We reserve the right to determine that your product is beyond economical repair.
25. You are required to provide a telephone contact number to enable us to contact you in the course of arranging and fulfilling your appointment.
26. In the course of arranging and fulfilling your appointment we may choose to contact you in one or more of the following ways: phone, text, email;